Establishing a consistent gym routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain inspired before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of working out itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mainly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to overcome the fatigue and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only presents a diversion but also brings about the determination and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be of good use for individuals with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet courses, strengthening both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a gym partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in an active gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you might be worried about possible damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dust and wetness to some degree, there are a number of accessories you can use to preserve your hearing aids at the gym.
Give some thought to investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and debris.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – retaining an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) supply a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!